Torquay Accident & Breakdown Towing
Keys locked in?
Whatever situation you’re in, it’s inconvenient and stressful to be left stranded.
Who should you call?
The towing industry is known for dodgy operators. People who just want to take a customer’s money and run.
You’ve heard about transmissions being damaged and bumpers getting stuffed up from reckless drivers. You’ve cringed at stories of people being left stranded for hours. Or not picked up at all.
How do you find a towing company in the Torquay area that’s helpful, honest, and affordable?
What you can expect from Torquay Accident & Breakdown Towing
When you need emergency roadside assistance around Torquay, you can rely on the towing company the insurance companies call on to get their customers out of trouble every day.
We’re here for you:
- Will be there quickly
- Look after your car
- Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Emergency call out service
- Responsible and experienced drivers
You can expect a helpful, easy service that will make a stressful experience less stressful.
The towing company others rely on
As a VACC Accredited Member, we are committed to giving you a caring, reliable, professional towing service in tough situations.
We tow for all insurance companies - and we’re affiliated with roadside assistance companies such as Allianz Global, Australia Wide Assist and Digicall Assist. These companies depend on us for fair pricing, and an A+ service for every customer.
Professional tow drivers will rescue your vehicle in almost any situation
Our drivers have plenty of experience towing customers out of the most difficult, inconvenient places and situations. They are fully licensed, insured, and fully trained to get your vehicle out of the toughest situations and places.
- Salvage and recovery
- Undercover carparks
- Breakdown locations
- Stolen vehicle recovery
- Heavy haulage
Need us to keep your item overnight? No problems. We have a secure holding depot or storage yard if needed.
Wide service area with 4 depots
With 4 depots around Victoria, we mainly service the western suburbs of Victoria. But we will go Australia-wide if needed at very competitive prices.
Well equipped fleet
We have a fleet of 5 tow trucks with capacity for a range of towing items. A small truck to fit into tight spaces like undercover parking. And huge trucks that can tow other trucks.
- Elevated work platforms
- Portable toilets
- Show cars
Our drivers are fully trained, fully licensed, and insured. They know how to carefully handle any sized item. What’s more, they have plenty of experience towing out of the most difficult, inconvenient places and situations.
What to do after an accident
If you’ve ever witnessed - or been in an accident, you’ll know how surreal it feels. It happens so quickly, you’re in a daze afterwards. The shock. Panic. The injuries. The glass. The pain. The unnaturalness of the whole situation.
Yet there are a few things that need to be done afterwards. Use this simple checklist to make sure you’re covered.
If you’re a witness
- Stop immediately and stay calm
- Switch on your hazard lights
- Call 000 if needed
- Help anyone hurt
- Give your details to others in the crash: name, address, registration number, vehicle owner’s name
- Report the crash to the nearest police station if:
- Property is damaged and the owner or police are not there
- Anyone is injured and no police is present
If you’re involved in the crash
- Get to a doctor immediately. Injuries such as pain, dizziness, numbness, and discomfort can appear days after the accident even if you feel fine.
- Call your insurance company / roadside assistance: ask for towing company / smash repair recommendations
- Exchange details with the other driver (name, address, registration, make, model, insurance company)
- Take a photo of the crash and your injuries
- Keep notes about your medical treatment
What to tell your towing company
- Explain the situation
- Provide details
- Your name
- Your address
- Car make and model
- Car current location
- Car destination
- Ask when you can expect the tow truck to arrive
On top of that, if the company has not been recommended by your insurance company, ask for:
- Quote: including after hours fees, car release fee, any other fees
- Service distance area: make sure they can get your car to its destination
- Operating hours: some companies charge high after-hours fees and you may not be able to contact them after-hours
Search Google reviews of the towing company on your phone to reassure yourself that they are reputable and professional.